Saturday, June 18, 2011

4 months


Elysen Ashleigh, you are 4 months old! I can't believe it! Each age is my new favorite because with each week that passes we see more and more of your personality.




Weight: Not sure, but 9 days ago, at your checkup, you were 12 lbs, 5 oz. So probably at or over 13 lbs. (25-30th percentile)

Height: 22.6 inches (again, this is from your checkup 9 days ago) (10-15th percentile)

Sizes: Your 3 month clothes fit you perfectly! You have a few 0-3 month things that you still wear, and some of your smaller 3-6 month clothes are starting to fit. You are wearing a size 1 diaper.

On a related note: We spent a couple of hours packing up your newborn and 0-3 month clothes this week. You are growing so fast! I was a little sad as I looked at all those teeny tiny clothes and put them into the storage box.

What you're up to:

- You LOVE going outside. If you are fussy, all we have to do is take you outside to visit Darsee and Remus or look at Daddy's garden, and you are happy. Several days this week, you and I have gone outside to sit in the shade for half an hour or so. You just sit in my lap and look around.



- You went through a major growth spurt this month. You were on the most wonderful schedule before we went to Texas last month. I was planning to move you to your room and out of our room because you were sleeping from 9 until 6. It was wonderful. Then, I was reminded, yet again, that motherhood is TOUGH. Once you hit that growth spurt, you threw that schedule out the window. You wanted to eat in the middle of the night again - usually around 4, but sometimes as early as 1 a.m. (AHHH!)
You were so fussy that they had to call me out of church one Sunday to get you. I took you to the dr. because I just knew you were sick, but they told me I just had a "fussy infant". How helpful.
This week, you have been my happy baby once again. I am so glad to have you back! :)




- Your eyes are getting more and more crystal blue. Everyone thinks they will stay blue - we'll see. They certainly don't look like the dark blue that eventually turns to brown, but who knows? Every time I take you out, at least one person comments on your pretty eyes or your pretty hair. You are such a beautiful girl, if I may say so myself.




- You haven't rolled over yet and sometimes I think you never will. We spend lots of time playing on the floor and I help you practice rolling over, but you have no interest whatsoever in doing it yourself. You either lay on your back and relax or lay on your stomach and look around.




- You had more time with the grandparents this month too. Your Marmee and Aunt Ashley came up to babysit while I had more training at school. And your ReeRee comes over at least once a week to play with you. I love when your grandmothers keep you - I have such peace of mind knowing they are with you, but I still have the freedom to get some things done!





- You LOVE to eat. You are still breast feeding, but you get at least 2 bottles a day - usually one 4-5 oz bottle around lunch and one 6 oz bottle before bed. You love to hold the hand of the person who is giving you the bottle or hold the bottle yourself. I think you want to make sure it's not going anywhere before you finish.



- You have recently starting talking a lot more. Sometimes, you will talk nonstop to whatever is around you. If we're at a restaurant, you talk to the people. If we're at home, you talk to the pictures on the wall. HA! You've also really laughed a couple of times. I can't wait for you to do this more.




- The doctor told us that we could try giving you some rice cereal. So far...you hate it. We have tried it several times, and each time, you scream. I am noticing that at least you recognize the feel of the spoon, though. You seem to understand that it means food. But you hate the spoon, and you just want your bottle. We'll keep trying.





- It's been so hot here that I decided we'd try "swimming". So I got your bathtub one day and filled it with cool water and we went outside to play. We then had to make another trip inside to get some warm water to add to the tub because you hated the cool water and started screaming. Once you liked the water temp, I think you had a great time.




- Tomorrow is Father's Day. It's your daddy's first time as a father. You got him some presents. He opened one tonight and the others he will open in the morning. Every day when he comes home from work, he gives you a big kiss and says that he can't believe how amazing you are. He loves you more than he can even say.


Well, sweet girl, you're growing up on us! I look in the mirror when I'm holding you and I can't believe how big you look. I cherish each day with you. Even when you are screaming, or your diaper makes me gag, or I feel like I haven't gotten out of the house in months, I would still rather be at home with you than anywhere else.

You are such a blessing, and I love you very much.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Audra! You are such a wonderful mother (and writer!)! I just wanted to cry reading this! It's so bittersweet, watching our babies grow up, isn't it? So sad putting away the too-small clothes, agonizing over every cry when your darling is growing so fast it hurts. In my case, remembering the things that I'll never get to enjoy with Caleb again, like watching his face as he tries new foods for the first time or nursing him (we stopped that about a month ago...) But it's also such a joy! Getting to see a little more of your baby's personality emerge each day, experiencing new things with them. Thank you for writing this! You made me stop for a second in my crazy life and remember what a blessing each second is! I love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete