Thursday, August 18, 2011

6 months


Elysen Ashleigh, you are 6 MONTHS OLD! Half a year ago, today, your daddy and I got such an amazing gift: you!



Weight: No idea (will update at your 6 month appointment in a few weeks)
*UPDATE: On 8/30 - your 6 month dr's appointment, you weighed 15.68 lbs. (35th percentile). This is WAY lighter than we thought you were. What are we going to do when you are a toddler and weigh 25 lbs????*

Height: 8/30: 24.21 inches (5th percentile....that's right....5th. I think it's safe to say that you're going to be short. But that's great - we love petite girls in this family.)

Sizes: You are wearing 3-6 month pjs and either 3-6 month or 6 month clothes. Some of your 6 month dresses are still a little big, but I can tell you're getting close. I don't know why pajamas are so big. You have some 9 month pjs that look like they could fit a 3 year old. You're wearing a size 2 diaper.


What you're up to:

- You are really into blowing raspberries these days. You will do it for half an hour at a time. Your daddy thinks it's really funny to put you in the Baby Bjorn, then wait until you are in prime spitting mode, then come and lean over me so that I end up with spit all over my head. Yeah, it's sooooo hilarious....not. Haha.

- We are working on sitting up, and you love to "stand" on your legs. You roll over all the time, and you scoot, especially in your crib. We go to get you up in the morning and you are all the way across the crib from where you started. You can sit up if someone is holding your legs to help anchor you down, but otherwise, you fall right over. I'm sure it will be just like rolling over - as soon as you decide to do it, there will be no holding back.


- You love to read books! We can sit in the rocking chair together, and you will pat the pages and giggle or talk to the pictures. Sometimes, you even "read" to yourself when you're on your play mat. You will get a book and talk just like you're reading.

- I spoke too soon about your great sleep in the last post. A day after I posted that, you decided to stop sleeping. I think it was because I had just started back to school. You were learning new things and you were in an unfamiliar place, so I think it upset your sleep pattern. For a week and a half, your daddy and I were sooo tired. One night, you woke up 4 times from midnight to 5 a.m.! Then, I finally just gave up and let you sleep on my chest.
But now you're back to your old self. At least until the next teething episode or life change or growth spurt, we're good to go.


- You are getting to be more inquisitive. Today, I tried to take your picture, and you WOULD NOT look at me! You were too busy looking at the piece of paper and at your crib. I was dancing and acting crazy, and you didn't care one bit.



- You still love to chew on anything and everything. Sometimes, I put my finger in your mouth and shake your chin and it makes the funniest noise. You don't care, you just chew and drool everywhere.


- You are going to Ms. Amanda's every day while Mommy goes to work. I take you over there at 11 and come get you at 4. You were pretty mad at first that you had to sit in the car line in Ms. Amanda's car when she goes to pick up her kids, but now you're getting better.

Speaking of Ms. Amanda's, it has been so hard for me to go back to work this week. Mainly, it's been hard because when I'm at home, I can't just focus on you. I have work to think about, and it's stressful for me. I would love to spend every minute of every day just focusing on you and watching you learn. But I know how blessed I am to get to stay home at all, even if it's just part time.

- You still love bath time - now you're really into splashing all the water out of the tub!


- You are eating lots of foods. So far, you've had bananas, green beans, squash and sweet potatoes. Unfortunately, these foods all give you lots of gas. In fact, I've really cut back on giving them to you because you were waking up in the middle of the night from the gas. I'm not sure what to do - I guess you have a sensitive tummy like your mommy.

- This month, we went to Texas for my 10 year reunion. We had such a good time! The car ride wasn't great, but once we were there it was wonderful to see friends and family. You even got to meet Champ the Cougar!



- I think about your future all the time. You are going to grow up in a world that is so rich with technology. You are already fascinated by our phones (oh dear) and you love to play Baby Aqua on the iPad. I think you really just like to look at the fish and try to touch them.



Sweet girl, I can't stand how big you are getting. You look more grown up every day. This picture of you that I took today looks like a BIG GIRL! Thank goodness it's just that one picture.



I love to watch you learn. And I love to see you look to me when you aren't sure about something. You love to touch my face and grab my hair (ouch!). My favorite part of the day is coming to get you at Ms. Amanda's and seeing you smile when I walk in the house. I already know how much you love me, and it's probably because you can see how much I LOVE YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment