Monday, December 12, 2011

Elysen's playlist

      
      These days, we are all about music and dancing. 
      Since it's almost Christmas, I have been playing Christmas music on the radio while we drive to Amanda's house. At home, we listen to Christmas music on Pandora while we get ready. 
But no matter how fun Christmas music is, it cannot possibly compare to THE songs...those few, special songs that are Elysen's favorite. Those songs that inspire Tigger-like bouncing, clapping, and smiles from a very happy girl. Those songs that David and I are slightly tired of hearing, but really we'll never tire of seeing her excitement. Those songs that can make her stop crying when nothing else can. 

These are the songs that Elysen loves with her whole heart. 

1. The original favorite song - Elmo's Song. Oh my goodness. The minute Elmo starts to play his tiny piano, our baby's eyes light up. 

2. My personal favorite of the Sesame Street songs - What I Am by Will.I.Am (aka "Black Eyed Peas" singer extraordinaire). I actually found myself singing this one at work the other day. Elysen loves to dance to this one. 

3. Did you know that Elmo's Got the Moves? Well, he does. And I'm sure that Elysen will learn some of these cool dance moves to use in the future when she can stand up on her own. Right now, she just bounces like a crazy girl. 

4. Last, but certainly not least, the odd man out: Paradise by Coldplay. I have been a Coldplay fan since their first album, and I must have listened to them when Elysen was in the womb or something because she LOVES this song. This is not a bouncing song - this is a sit-still-and-gaze-in-wonder-at-the-screen kind of song. 

     The other night, Elysen had a horrible diaper rash because we had started back on regular formula. (We have since gone back to soy). It was so bad that it hurt to even put a diaper on. Nothing helped - not cream, not baths, nothing. When David got home from work, she was sitting in my lap wearing a towel and we were watching all 4 of these videos on YouTube. 


Later that night, I decided to tie on a cloth diaper (to protect the carpet). We let her watch and listen to her songs until bath time. She was so happy....and no music has ever sounded so sweet. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment