Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Judah - 2 months

Judah Burke, you are 2 months old! Again, this month has just flown by!

You are my sweet boy and I love every minute with you. I am cherishing this time of you being small because I know it won't last.


Weight: Don't know yet - will update at your 2 month appointment in July
On July 11 - 2.5 months - you weighed 11 lbs, 9 oz. You've grown so much! (This is the 20th percentile)

Height: July 11 - 22 inches (5th percentile)

Sizes: Until about 2 days ago, you were still wearing your newborn clothes. But I've started putting you into the 0-3 month onesies now. The others were a little snug. You are wearing size 1 diapers. You wore newborn diapers until about a week ago when we ran out, and I decided you were close enough to a size 1 that we didn't want to buy more newborn diapers. They were huge for awhile, but now, they fit you better.

What you're up to:

- You're still eating every three hours - at a minimum - some days you eat every 2 hrs. This applies at night as well. Since we haven't had to give you formula like we did your sister, you aren't going to be sleeping quite as well for awhile. But I am enjoying breastfeeding so much more this time around, so it's not a burden at all.

Sleeping soundly

- You are cooing and smiling all the time! You are also starting to really try to talk to us. Right after you eat, I usually put you on a mat or propped up on the Boppy and you look at the world. You love it! Unlike Elysen, you don't really like the bouncy seat - you prefer to just lay flat.


- You have been a baby on the go this month. When Elysen was born, I was terrified to take her out of the house during flu season. But this time, you have just been pulled right along with our lives. Of course, most of the time, we are at home but when I need to go out, I usually take you with me. We've gone shopping at the mall, to Target many times, out to eat with the family, and to church for 2 weeks. I just feed you in the car (or in the church nursery) if it's time for you to eat and we get right back to our activities.

On our way to the park.

- You enjoy being outside. Some nights, your daddy will sit outside with you if you're feeling fussy. And your sister loves being outside so much that you don't really have much of a choice - you're outside at least once every day.

Mommy getting some sweet hugs. 

- I've been putting you in your crib for naps occasionally, and you seem to really like it. It's cool and quiet in your room (and you don't encounter quiet time around her very much).

Father's Day 2013

- One of my favorite things is seeing you smile at and turn towards your sister. You are fascinated by her and stare at her when she's near, and you always smile when she is talking to you. She loves to comfort you, kiss your cheeks, and pat your head.

Sibling love

Basically, it all boils down to the fact that you are a relaxed baby and I am a much more relaxed Mommy this time around. You have fit into our lives so perfectly. It's hard to remember what it felt like without our precious boy around.

We love you so very much and thank God for you every day.














No comments:

Post a Comment