Monday, March 9, 2009

There's A Little "Sex and the City" In All Of Us

Today, as I was running the 3 miles I'd set for myself (did I mention I did over 5 on Saturday!?!), I laughed as I started thinking about "Sex and the City". That might seem like a bizarre thing to think about while exercising, but here's why. I was reminded of Miranda on the episode where she has her baby, Brady. She tells Carrie to make sure that the nurses aren't being "too cheerful and encouraging" because that makes her really angry. I realized today that I am like this about exercise. It takes all of my patience and strength to do those workout dvds because I hate those people who keep saying "You can do it!" or "Keep it up!" AHH!!! So, enough of the encouragement, it's more encouraging for me just to say to myself, "Let's get this over with!" I think I'd respond well to those trainers on "The Biggest Loser" who just yell at the people when they aren't working out. 
So that's Miranda. I emulate Charlotte in my desire for class and innocence, and sometimes channel Carrie when I find that one outfit that's perfect, but still slightly bizarre. (I'm not going to talk about Samantha, because I'd like to think I have nothing like her inside of me except her ability to be a powerful woman.) 
That's my thought for the day. I think that's why so many girls love "Sex and the City" - we've all got a little of those ladies running through our feminine veins. 
Now I'm off to a prom meeting with parents. A junior class sponsor's day is never done...

No comments:

Post a Comment